Offline vs. Online Games

Being a kid in the 80s and even the 90s is far different from being a kid during this decade. The kids from the previous 3 decades were offline kids while the last decade are considered online kids.

The offline kids have enjoyed the sun too much that they actually changed color especially if they had fair complexion. Bones were stronger because of much running and jumping. The streets are filled with kids playing hide n’ seek, “tag, you’re it,” piko, tumbang preso, luksong tinik, luksong baka, which are mostly Filipino outdoor games. Kids will play as much as they can until they hear their parents call on them to have their lunch. Then it was customary to sleep in the afternoon. That is also one reason that children in the previous generation are usually bigger compared to children of today during the same age.

The online kids, on the other hand, are computer whiz genius that at a very young age they have learned how to master different keyboard combinations to play a 3D game that their parents could not even decipher. Some are bloggers already before reaching 10 and some have probably tried new bing0 sites! Not to mention, Facebook has a lot of games to offer not only for grown-ups but for kids too.

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on StumbleUpon7Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

1. Jona says:

I was an offline kid. But now that im older, I play online hehe ๐Ÿ™‚

2. michi says:

i’m an offline kid too. =)

3. Migisi says:

I love to play games. Its good time pass. Thanks for sharing this games.

4. Anne @GreenEggs&Moms says:

Miss those days when I was a kid. I spent less time off the TV and more time surrounded by nature!

5. Istin (@istin21) says:

OFFLINE KID HERE! ๐Ÿ™‚ miss ko na ang patintero, chinese garter, kahit ang tex! :)) hope my kids will still be exposed to those pinoy games.

6. LOURDES says:

I’m amazed at how good my nephew is on playing online games. He’s only 6 years old and he already knows how to google games.

7. Pinay WAHM Blogger says:

I’m an offline gamer during my childhood. I actually feel bad that most of the kids in this generation aren’t aware or aren’t excited to try luksong baka, agawan base, patintero or tumbang preso. Most of my nephews have psp’s and are more knowledgeable with google games than me.

8. Mommy Jes says:

ahahahha sinabi mo pa!!! lahat ng nasabi mong laro nalaro ko na idagdag mo p ang wrstling ahahhaha I love wrestling nung bata ako and bahay bahayan and teacher-teacher-an LOL anyway youre right lahat ng bata nun at exercise n exercise! sa panahon ngyun mga parents dinadala p sa mga plaruan sa mga mall ang kids like GYMBOREE para lang mabanat banat ang buto kasi nde nmn n sila makapag laro sa labas kasi wala n kalaro at busy n ang iba sa computer :))

9. EINz says:

Online games becomes our option to keep my son sitting still. hehe
    He’s hyper active, super energetic kasi

10. Donna Jane says:

I think I belong to the offline kid na before ๐Ÿ™‚ hehe … I love chinese garter “one by one” remember? ๐Ÿ™‚

11. jenilia says:

Hi

nice post here, now i play online games like poker, pingo like these. My Kids play offline race games with mouse and keyboards. in my childhood i played Video games with TV. what a great changes in this 20years. thanks for your article. have a nice day

12. car insurance quotes says:

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements
    would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Bless you

13. healthy breakfast recipes says:

It’s very Cute design.Looks to me like they designed it “in-house”. Your best bet is to contact their corporate office and see if they will tell you.