The Birthday that Was

Yesterday was my birthday and for some people, I am officially considered out of the calendar age because I am already 32 years old. Well, I felt physically old but I still think I am young at heart and forever will be. :p

Anyway, this is how my birthday went…

Early morning, my daughter Micah and my son David woke me up and greeted me a happy birthday. Then when I said thank you, my daughter handed me this fashion bracelet. The cost was 28 pesos only but mind you… my daughter put an effort in getting it. She asked her grandma to help her buy the bracelet. She planned it since July stepped in.

A few hours later, I received a package. I thought it was one of my winnings from the online contests I joined but I was wrong. It was a lovely gift from Mommy Ria. She always surprise me in special occasions. Thank you Mommy! The bag and the postcard are all lovely!!

When afternoon came, my husband and my son went out. They said they were going to buy me a birthday gift. When they came back, my son handed me this mug. My husband said that it was my son’s idea to give me a mug because he knew I was a big time coffee lover.

Aside from that, they also bought DVDs and some DIY carpets. Husband said that since I love watching movies, spending my day watching wouldn’t be bad at all and the carpets will make our room nicer though it only occupied less than 10% of our room. LOL!!!

When dinner came, I bought lechon manok and pork liempo from the Paypal gifts sent to me. We all ate together with my parents, my siblings, my niece, my husband and my kids. We were not all complete but it was as good as it can get. We were all smiling and happy. Thanks to my Paypal gift givers!! As promised, no mentioning of names. πŸ˜€

Then after dinner, me and my hubby went out to buy my favorite cake at Red Ribbon – Ube Cake, a half-galloon ice cream and another batch of DVDs (addict). Still all were gifts given through Paypal. Muah!

When we arrived home, the children were so happy. As you can see, birthday is not a birthday with kids if the cake is missing. So, that is when they sang with all their might!!

As the night ended, my husband and I watched a movie together with our youngest daughter (because the older ones were already asleep with my parents because of early school). Then after the movie, we slept early.

My birthday was not that bongaciously awesome. It was simple but full of the things I need. I am so thankful for many things!

Thank God for the wonderful years that I was blessed and for the many years to come. Thank God for my family and friends. Thank you to all my FB friends who greeted me especially mommies from PMC. I got almost a hundred in one a account. Thank you to all!! God bless your kindness!!!

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+1Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

Comments

1. It was a birthday well spent sis! πŸ™‚ Mwah mwah! ^^;

2. Jheng Ingua says:

It was nice to know Mommy that you enjoyed your day! Birthdays even in its most simplest form is best enjoyed when celebrated with your loved ones. We aged that’s true, but at the same time we also gained wisdom along side of it. May GOD continue to bless you mommy in all your endeavors. I’m Glad to have meet you online :D. God bless!

3. Tanner says:

Happy birthday, πŸ™‚ you received great presents. I wish I were you. congratulations.

4. Olusola says:

SOunds like you had a lovely day. When kids are old enough to start making mommy’s birthdays special, it’s a real blessing. You are blessed. Wishing you many more happy years and God’s increased blessings on you

5. Shydub says:

sweet ng family mo marz, pati si mister. they celebrate your birthday and made you feel special.

6. OSeΓ±orita says:

Happy Birthday!!! You are truly blessed for having such a sweet and thoughtful family.

7. silvergirl says:

that is simple but worth to remember..
    happy birthday

8. Now, that’s how a birthday should be celebrated πŸ˜‰ Happy birthday!!!

Spanish Pinay

9. Bonggalicious lang japon bday mo Rubz kay wa kalimti sa mga love ones.

Belated Happy Birthday anyway.

10. Elise Adams says:

Great website–love the bright colors and your happy attitude. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday with your family πŸ™‚ Praying that this next year is happy and peaceful for you!

visiting from Members to Remember at VoiceBoks!

11. Vernz says:

hello, wow, awwwww.. so Happy for you mommy rubz… ako din sana sa birthday ko hahaha. ingitness…lol..

so sad lang waley ako diyan …

Anyway, All the best MOmmy Rubz.. blessed to have known you.. happy Birthday!

12. Pearl says:

Happy birthday mommy rubz! Birthdays are really fun to celebrate especially if you’re with your loved ones… Wishing you all that your heart desires… πŸ™‚

13. Kim says:

Belated Happy Birthday! Very adorable gifts from your kids.

14. Happy Birthday! The Lechon looked yummy but not as good as the UBE cake. I will have to go to Red Ribbon this week and see if I can ge tthat and some mamon.

15. belated happy birthday!

wow…it seems you had a busy day during your birthday!

16. Ane says:

Happy Birthday again Mommy Rubz! πŸ™‚ I am glad you enjoyed your day.. πŸ™‚

How sweet of your daughter to give you a gift, it’s not the price that matters, it’s the thought that counts, besides, it’s a cute charm bracelet! πŸ™‚

17. oh…..yeah ,,,i like the birthday party if you invite me or not , that is not a problem.

18. Callie Feyen says:

What a fun day! Sounds like you had a great birthday!

19. Lora says:

Happy Birthday! Good to hear that you have enjoyed your day! πŸ™‚

20. Jellybelly says:

Happy Birthday Mommy Rubz!

The Twerp and I

21. Carla says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    It may have not been over the top, but it sounds like it was beautiful!!!
    Visiting from VB
    Carla πŸ™‚

22. Christina says:

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like it was an awesome day! I love the bag and the mug πŸ™‚

Visiting from voiceBoks Members to Remember! :cowboy:

23. zoan says:

happy birthday mommy RUBZ:)belated:D ang sasarap naman ng handa mo:D marami din nag regalo. bakit sakin wala? LOL

24. Nhil says:

Belated happy birthday sis! πŸ™‚ It is really best to share that special day with your family. πŸ™‚

Okay lang wala sa kalendaryo ang edad, as long as you grow forever young in their eyes. πŸ™‚

25. Shy says:

Belated happy birthday mommy Rubz, it seems you have enjoyable birthday..

26. rovie says:

happy birthday mommy…may you have more years of blessings!

27. Rosann says:

Happy belated birthday! It looks and sounds like you had a lovely and very blessed day doing what was most precious and meaningful to you. I think it’s clear your husband and children love you dearly. I love your new coffee mug. I’m not as much of a fan of coffee as I am green tea and I’m always on the lookout for nice big mugs to enjoy my tea in. πŸ™‚

So happy to have connected with you through voiceboks.

Many Blessings,
    Rosann

28. faye says:

belated happy birthday!!:)

29. jack says:

belated happy birthday mommy! first time to comment and it’s a birthday greeting yay πŸ™‚

30. nancy says:

Hi Rubz! Ang sweet naman ni Micah. Parang kitang-kita ko sya sa katauhan ni D-1 ko. πŸ˜€

Eto naman virtual birthday gift ko sayo: first stop from WBFC. I’m an old liker and follower here πŸ™‚

31. Sounds like a really lovely day! Don’t fret the age…you are not old at 32!
    Cheers from VoicBoks,
    Courtney

32. Marie says:

belated happy birthday!

33. Grace says:

Belated happy birthday. May you have many more years to come.

God bless you more.

34. May says:

Happy belated birthday to you, i can see you had a great time with your family. Thanks for stopping by at http://nzeremm.blogspot.com
    following back and i look forward being part of your blog.

35. analou says:

Wow that was a nice birthday you had. I like the simplicity of your celebration. More birthdays to come.

36. Amber says:

Happy Birthday! I found you off VB and I just wanted you to know that I nominated you for an award. You can check it out @ http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com/2011/07/butterfly-award.html.

Also, I wanted to highlight you and your blog in a future post for a section I do on mine called ‘Saturday Shout-outs’. Each week I highlight a great writer- like yourself. My hope is that it will not only bring more readership to both of our blogs, but that we can learn a little more about each other.

If you’re interested, please email me at asoto0703 at gmail.com.

Talk to you soon!

~Amber ‘SortaSuperMom’ @ http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com/

37. shengkay says:

how sweet your family mommy..

38. gagay says:

belated happy birthday mommy rubz!

39. gagay says:

by the way, hit the google plus 1 edi! πŸ˜€ :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

40. Belated Happy Birthday,mars!!!!

41. chie says:

Happy birthday mommyRubz…belated. You are loved talaga. I wish you good health mommyrubz and more blogging ideas for more opps.

42. melandriaromero says:

i’m so happy that you had a great birthday. Take care always!

43. shydub says:

One thing i miss celebrating birthday in our place marz is the abundance of food, im drooling at the lechon manok, aguy lami ikinamut

44. Baguio Girl says:

toinks di pa pala ako nakacomment dito. ganyan lng din gusto ko birthday. walang arte, walang kahit anong bongga, kumpleto ang pamilya ^^

happy birthday again mommy rubz!

45. cheap prescription glasses of quality from Vision Eyewear says: