Yup! Today is the big day. I am going to the hospital this morning to get myself admitted. Though I will go through natural way of giving birth, the doctor has no choice but to induce labor. Today is my expected due date and I haven’t suffered from natural labor pains. She said that waiting for the natural labor pains may risk the baby’s condition as well as mine. Aside from that, she will be out of town this coming Friday until Monday next week. So, if natural contractions occur within those days, I will be referred to another OB who is not familiar with my case. That is another thing I don’t want to happen to my baby and me.
To be honest, I am a scared as of the moment. Since my cervix has already started its dilation process, I am sure that my doctor will administer a synthetic oxytocin (naturally produced hormone that stimulates labor contractions) through intravenous drip (IV). This means that when the hormone is given artificially, it can speed up labor but also make it progress more quickly thus making pain management virtually helpless. For short, it is much painful than ordinary labor pains with natural contraction intervals!
Anyway, though the pain scares me, I am ready to embrace it. I think it would be better for me to go the extra mile than getting my baby at risk. Besides, I am hoping and praying that my body will respond immediately to induce labor because if the baby is not delivered immediately in the next 12 to 24 hours, I might be referred to delivery by caesarian section which I don’t want to happen! That is why I implore all my friends, readers and visitors to help me pray for a safe, quick and hopefully a less painful labor and delivery!
Since I will be offline in the next few days, I am inviting those who haven’t participated to join my first book giveaway while waiting for our new bundle of joy’s arrival. See you soon, will post baby pics as soon as I am able to blog again. Keep us in your prayers!