Will be Raising a Teenager Soon

As many of you know, I have three kids. I have two girls and one boy. My eldest, Micah Izabel, is already turning 12 years old this March. And with that, I am entering another milestone in parenting which is handling a teenager.

Since I am no expert in parenting, I have many apprehensions about myself. I fear that I will become an epic fail. Though there are a lot of books about how to handle a teenager but theory is relatively different from real life. There is no handbook on how to react on every parenting situation!

As of now, my eldest girl is starting to change. Aside from her physical changes, her interests have evolved from toys and games to kawaii drawings, digital micrometers, colored pens, diaries, polymer clays, origami and others! Yes, she is more on creative things nowadays. She prefers getting stuffs where she could creative cute things from rather than dolls. Well, I don’t complain much on her preferences. I believe what she wants is far more compelling than early usage of make-ups or chasing after boys. LOL!!!

This summer, I have promised her that I will enroll her in a summer class that involves polymer clay creations. She wants to learn how to make stuffs from it and I want to support her interests. So far, the only thing I know to do is support her.

Image Not Mine

1. c5 @ battlingasthma.info says:

Parenting is a hands-on experience. You learn as you go on and the unknown adds excitement to your journey. I’m sure you’ll be a good parent in raising your teenager. πŸ™‚

2. hi! you can actually order a polymer clay starter kit. you just need is an oven toaster and a thermometer so you can monitor the inside temperature. there are available information in the net about polymer clay making. im sure your daughter is creative and will make very good designs πŸ™‚

3. Yannie says:

I’m so addicted with poly clays mommy rubz. I discovered it 3 years ago pa pero ngayon lang na realize.

I know your dalagita will love it too.

4. cathy says:

nice one mommy rubz..im sure you will be a good mom as always..

5. Sherry says:

I am sure you can handle it

6. Arlene says:

i so love these cuties…

it’s gonna be an exciting experience raising a teen, Mommy! exciting and challenging because this generation is far different from our generation ^^

7. Didi says:

Cute polymer I love that too. I like miniature stuff. I’d buy from her when she knows how to na. 8)
    I can’t imagine raising a teenager ngayon pa lang nahihilo na ko and she’s 3 ha ha.
    I’m sure you’re a fantastic mom sis whichvever age they may be

8. Pinx says:

i’ve encountered polymers before when i was working with the furniture industry. and yes if you are really creative, you can earn a lot from that too! go go go! support your teenager mommy!

9. Donna Jane Marcuap says:

Goodluck! , that would be a hard job ,well , I can see that you really can handle things that may come

10. Sherry says:

I hope they not asking you for money always here most teen do that

11. Sherry says:

I bring my son go a polymer class cost ten dollar usual price thirty dollar, not going more class as expensive

12. Sherry says:

Teenager today follow their peers so need beware they are good or bad ones

13. We try our hardest to raise teenagers with patience, honesty and good manners, but they still end up being like us . Most mothers say that πŸ™‚

14. Malou says:

Teenagers can be difficult. I remember when I was a teenager and I went through this rebellious phase and sometimes fought with my mom.

15. Sherry says:

Is good you have girl I don’t think I will have girl because I had ectopic pregnancy and removed right Fallopian tube.