Whenever organic is mentioned, I am always all ears and if you mention coffee, then you’ll have my full attention. That is how Casa de Lorenzo Soaps, Oils and Aromatics got me. They make soaps, oils and aromatics from all natural ingredients. When the opportunity was opened, I immediately signed up to review their products!
Casa de Lorenzo Soaps, Oils and Aromatics provided me with two bottles of Castile Soap: Coffee Dark and Lemongrass Manila. Casa de Lorenzo’s Castile Soap is made from all natural ingredients from the best nature’s produce here in the Philippines. Their Castile Soaps are made by hands using the finest ingredients that are down-to-earth organic cased in a classy brown bottle.
Since I am a self-confessed caffeinated muse, I immediately tried Casa de Lorezo’s Coffee Dark Castile Soap the next morning. I wanted to get caffeinated not only by drinking coffee but also while I take my bath. ^_^
What I Like:
– I thought that it smelled like roasted coffee beans and when I checked the label, it was made from real Barako Coffee! So I like it that the smell of coffee is the real deal.
– The color and texture of the Dark Castile Soap is obviously dark. I thought that it would stain my sponge but it didn’t. After applying to your skin, the color fades. Yay!!
– My skin felt smooth. I don’t get the after bath dry feeling like ordinary bar soaps.
What I Don’t Like:
– I like my soap to be very soapy. This one doesn’t produce that much bubbles as I have expected with soaps.
– You have to use more if you want it to be bubbly.
After a few days, I tried Casa de Lorenzo’s Lemongrass Manila Castile Soap next. I always love lemongrass on my dish and on my tea but while taking a bath, just like coffee, it is a different story.
What I Like:
– The color and texture of the Lemongrass Manila Castile Soap is not dark. Absolutely, no stains here!
– After rinsing, the smell of lemongrass is not there anymore. I’m SO glad!
– Just like Coffee Dark Castile Soap, my skin felt smooth ~ no after bath dry feeling.
– It produces a lot of bubbles! I like how it easily create bubbles on your skin once you apply it.
What I Don’t Like:
– The smell. I think the smell of lemongrass is just too overwhelming for me. Well, that’s just me. I have allergic rhinitis and strong smells really irritates my nose. After rinsing thoroughly, the lemongrass smell is removed though.
Casa de Lorenzo’s Coffee Dark Castile Soap is made from organic ingredients such as water, olive oil, virgin coconut oil, palm oil, akali (none remains after saponification) and infused with Barako Coffee beans; while Casa de Lorenzo’s Lemongrass Manila Castile Soap is made from rice bran oil, virgin coconut oil and palm oil, and scented with essential oil of lemongrass from the lush farmlands of the Island of Negros in the Philippines. All natural food for your skin!
Both Castile Soap comes in 250mL, 500mL, 1000mL, and 3500mL bottle. I was provided with the 250 mL bottles that are sold at Php 350 each. Casa de Lorenzo Oils, Aromatics and Soaps’ products are made from all natural ingredients and are proudly Filipino made!
Disclosure: I received Dark Coffee Castile Soap and Lemongrass Manila Castile Soap samples from Casa de Lorenzo Oils, Aromatics and Soaps for product review purposes. I was not financially compensated for this post. The opinions expressed here are completely my own based on my actual experience of the products.