SIMPLE MISUA RECIPE WITH HEARTFELT MEMORIES
This recipe I am going to share with you is very common, but for me, it is very special. Back when I was still in college, my mom and dad were in Manila for work, while I stayed behind in Cagayan de Oro City with my elder sister. I was in college while my sister was already working. So my sister was tasked to take care of me. She was busy with work and even sometimes she comes home late, but she always makes dinner for us.
One of the viands she cooks is the express
Here are the ingredients you need and the instructions on how to prepare Express Misua with Sardines:
- 1 small can of Uni-Pak Sardines in Tomato Sauce (Rectangular or Cylindrical)
- 4 packs of
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons of scallion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ teaspoons of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 2 cups of water
- Pour-in oil in a heated cooking pot
- Saute garlic and onions once the oil is hot enough
- Add Uni-Pak Sardines including the sauce and cook for 2 minutes
- Add iodized salt and ground black pepper then stir.
- Add water and bring to boil.
- Add the
misuaand cook for about 4 to 5 minutes under medium heat.
- When cooked, transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with scallions on top.
- Serve hot and share with the whole family. Serves 4.
You can let the sardines retain its complete form or if you want, just like we did, we sliced each sardine into two and mixed it thoroughly with the
WHY UNI-PAK SARDINES IN TOMATO SAUCE?
If you have a Facebook account, you probably encountered two or more viral videos of canned goods that are poor manufactured resulting to some unsanitary things found inside a can. So if you are one of those many people who watched those videos, definitely, it will become one of your food nightmares! You don’t want your family eating those kind of stuff.
Fortunately, one of the few canned brands I trust and regularly buy is Uni-Pak Sardines in Tomato Sauce. My trust was solidified after I watched the video of Kris Aquino visiting their manufacturing plant. The fact that their plant is so clean thus producing safe-to-eat products makes me feel confident. You see, I love eating sardines either stand-alone (eating it straight from the can) or cooked with other ingredients. Napaparami
Clean Production, Safe to Eat. Do you wonder how Uni-Pak sardines being produced? Watch Kris Aquino’s video on her tour in the Uni-Pak plant in Navotas City, Metro Manila.
As I mentioned, I have been eating sardines since I was college, but in all honesty, I have been eating it since elementary. It is one of the most convenient viands you can buy and eat anytime. But as you can see, some brands have problems with consistency. There was an old brand we patronized, but over the years, we decided to change brands to find what works for our palate. Until I had my own kitchen, I personally have settled with Uni-Pak Sardines in Tomato Sauce.
Fish will always taste like fish, but the sauce varies. The tomato sauce taste somehow doesn’t coincide. With Uni-Pak Sardines, I find the texture and the taste consistent with a dish cooked with tomato sauce. Somehow, it tasted a bit sweet for me. The only problem is that it contains a lot of fish and lesser sauce. Oh well, I think that is not really a problem. Hahaha… I can add another can if I want more sauce, right?!
JOIN MY UNI-PAK GIVEAWAY
Now that I have shared one of my sardines recipe and why I prefer Uni-Pak, let me share to you – my valuable readers – a special giveaway! Pinay Mommy Online and Uni-Pak will be giving one lucky winner a Uni-Pack Gift Package!!!
To join, please read and follow the mechanics below…
- This is open to all residents of the Republic of the Philippines.
- Open to all likers of my blog’s Facebook page. If you are not yet a liker, you can still do so by liking my page HERE.
- Open to all likers of Uni-Pak Facebook page. If you haven’t liked their page yet, you can do so HERE.
- Share any of Uni-Pak’s posts from their Facebook page to your personal timeline. Make sure it’s set to public. Use hashtag #PMOxUniPakGiveaway.
- Comment the link of your shared post below on the comments section below. One share, one comment, one entry. Please don’t place them all in one comment. You can comment as many as you can every day as long
asthe posts are different.
- Giveaway will run from August 6, today, until 11:59 PM on August 14, 2018.
- One winner will be randomly selected and will be announced on this blog post on August 16, 2018.
For additional entries, you can also share this blog post to your Facebook personal timeline once per day. Comment the link below. One share, one comment, one entry.
What are you waiting for?! Join now!
To know more about Uni-Pak’s products and existing promos, you can follow them at their social media accounts below:
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/OfficialUniPak/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/officialunipak/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/officialunipak
UPDATE: AND THE WINNER IS…
Congratulations! And to all who joined, thank you for joining and stay tuned for more giveaways!