Home Sports Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Goes Beyond Boxing #OneForPacman

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Goes Beyond Boxing #OneForPacman

1,134 total views,  4 views today

Living next door to a former WBC Junior Lightweight Champion Rene Barrientos, boxing was introduced to me at a very young age. I watched several fights while growing up but never showed much enthusiasm in boxing until Oscar De La Hoya​ came. I loved every bit of him (I guess you know why) and that is when I became an official boxing fan. But when Manny Pacquiao​ came, as much as I loved Oscar De La Hoya, I became Team Pacman.

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather​ Jr is a great boxer. He has the skills and record to show for it. While Manny Pacquiao on the other hand has proven his worth as well. Not only as a great boxer but as a person – weaknesses and strengths. His life has showed the world the many faces of winning, losing and winning again.

May 2 (May 3 in the Philippines) is definitely one of the most anticipated boxing fight of the century. A lot of boxing fans around the world are placing bets and TV networks are raking the dough but for me, I see this differently. This fight is not about boxing anymore. It goes beyond the ring. It has a much deeper issues that a lot of people are already talking about and much more after the result will be announced.

Manny Pacquiao

Whoever wins that day, I am still Team Pacman. Manny is an awesome boxer but I am rooting for him beyond his boxing gloves. I rooting for him as a whole person ~ the man that he is! #OneForPacman

Terri Ramsey Beavers April 27, 2015 - 7:28 pm

I’ll be rooting for your choice as well and I hope he wins #OneForPacman. I haven’t watched boxing in forever but I need to take the time to. I used to enjoy boxing quite a bit.

Carmen Perez (listen2mama) April 27, 2015 - 8:28 pm

I truly know nothing about boxing…it’s just not watched by anyone in my family…LOL! I have heard a lot about this fight though, hope your pick wins!

Liz Mays April 28, 2015 - 1:49 am

I’ve heard a lot about these two boxers. I’m sure my boyfriend will be tuning into this fight too. Wow, I’ll have to bring this up.

Crystal Green April 28, 2015 - 5:51 am

I don’t know anything about boxing either, but I’m sure you have good reasons for being a fan of Pacman. He certainly looks strong enough to handle his opponents.

April Mims April 28, 2015 - 7:14 am

I’m not a fan of boxing, maybe because I didn’t grow up around it and don’t really get it. But I know a lot of people will be watching the fight.

Cassie April 28, 2015 - 9:04 am

We don’t usually go for boxing in our house, but even my husband is excited for this fight. Just like you, he is rooting for Pacquiao!

Penny Struebig April 28, 2015 - 10:14 am

I remember when boxing used to by such a big deal. I think it’s making a comeback. Several people I know are excited for this on!

Franc Ramon April 28, 2015 - 10:30 am

Team Pacman here though Mayweather may be a favorite here because of his size. I’m sure Pacquiao will use his speed and punching power to win.

Kim April 28, 2015 - 10:33 am

i hope your man wins. I keep seeing a lot of ads for this fight!

Tyra April 28, 2015 - 11:22 am

I do like Pacman’s story. I don’t know if he will win (because Floyd is remarkable) but I am glad this fight is finally happening!

Vera Sweeney April 28, 2015 - 11:29 am

We have never followed boxing before!! We have friends who are very into boxing that are hyped for this match.

Rebecca Swenor April 28, 2015 - 1:26 pm

Ali was my favorite boxer when I was a kid. I have not watched boxing for years and years. That was my dads biggest thing to watch. I remember it was so funny he would jump up hitting the air. I have heard of Mayweather but not Pacquiao. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa from Life with Lisa April 28, 2015 - 9:03 pm

Being half Filipina of course I have to go with Manny Pacquiao! I’m not a boxing fan though so I don’t know much however, I know Mayweather is too big for his own self.

Rosey April 28, 2015 - 9:45 pm

Hubby and a group of his friends at work have pulled together to pay for the pay per view and watch it on TV. He’s totally geeked about it too.

Tom April 29, 2015 - 3:34 am

This is an epic fight and we are only about 5 days away. I will be rooting for Manny as well. I feel he is the underdog and it is always fun to root for the underdog.

Travis April 29, 2015 - 8:19 am

I can’t wait to see this fight! This will be the closest we will get to something like Frazier v. Ali in our lifetime. Hoping Manny comes out with a W!

Sharon Wong April 29, 2015 - 9:31 am

I have never watched boxing before, except for one time when I was over at a family friends house, but I will be rooting for your choice. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Jennborn2impress April 29, 2015 - 8:58 pm

There is a lot of ads about the fight and it looks like this is going to be a good match!
I will be rooting for Pacquiao:)