Home Musings My Hometown Should Be Called Metro Cagayan de Oro

My Hometown Should Be Called Metro Cagayan de Oro

1,233 total views,  2 views today

Since our family moved back here in my hometown last summer, I could not help but be amazed of the progress it incurred for the past 6 to 7 years that I was gone. Everywhere I look, I can see many steel building rising up – malls, hotels and other businesses. And by the time I left Cagayan de Oro City, there were only two bridges. Now there are five!

My hometown, Cagayan de Oro City, is booming in progress. When I left, I heard it is already earning billions of pesos in taxes and with all the business establishments I see now, I couldn’t question why I am seeing a lot of new bridges, skyways (though not that tall) and other improvements within the city (not to mention, the new international airport they are building and the City Hall is still under renovation)!

So, just like what I said in my blog post title, my hometown should be officially called Metro Cagayan de Oro!

AnneM December 17, 2011 - 10:08 pm

Wow, that’s a great aerial shot. I have not been around Cagayan de Oro but I sure want to visit sometime. I have yet to go around the Philippines.

Istin (@istin21) April 29, 2012 - 11:47 pm

I agree this pic is one great aerial shot. My father was born in Misamis Oriental. CDO its capital has really grown much. I have never visited my father’s hometown but based on the travel reviews and raves about its wonderful sceneries and tourist spots.. I will definitely go here someday with my kids.

zoan December 18, 2011 - 10:11 am

nice aerial view, but who would have thought that after 2 days iba na ang magiging mukha ng cdo:(

posh post December 18, 2011 - 5:46 pm

mommy na sad gid ko sa pixes…btw, did u get the postcards?

sir rob December 19, 2011 - 12:51 am

I think they have some guidelines when they want to call a place and become a metro..!

Shydub December 20, 2011 - 4:11 am

I wish when you posted this one, there was a sign that typhoon is coming so people will be prepared but then who would have thought that the typhoon will change the life of kagay anons in just a matter of hours or day.

Sherry January 31, 2012 - 3:38 pm

Wow the place is beautiful

edward March 23, 2012 - 1:42 am

i never expect that cagayan de oro will experience that kind of calamity…… so deeply sad for what had happened.

LOURDES July 31, 2012 - 11:16 pm

I’ve been to Cagayan de Oro when I was a little girl. Unfortunately, I don’t remember much about it.