Home Parenting Offline vs. Online Games

Offline vs. Online Games

3,007 total views,  2 views today

Being a kid in the 80s and even the 90s is far different from being a kid during this decade. The kids from the previous 3 decades were offline kids while the last decade are considered online kids.

The offline kids have enjoyed the sun too much that they actually changed color especially if they had fair complexion. Bones were stronger because of much running and jumping. The streets are filled with kids playing hide n’ seek, “tag, you’re it,” piko, tumbang preso, luksong tinik, luksong baka, which are mostly Filipino outdoor games. Kids will play as much as they can until they hear their parents call on them to have their lunch. Then it was customary to sleep in the afternoon. That is also one reason that children in the previous generation are usually bigger compared to children of today during the same age.

The online kids, on the other hand, are computer whiz genius that at a very young age they have learned how to master different keyboard combinations to play a 3D game that their parents could not even decipher. Some are bloggers already before reaching 10 and some have probably tried new bing0 sites! Not to mention, Facebook has a lot of games to offer not only for grown-ups but for kids too.

Jona March 23, 2012 - 2:27 am

I was an offline kid. But now that im older, I play online hehe πŸ™‚

Donna Jane March 25, 2012 - 5:21 pm

Yeah before offline kid but now full time online teen πŸ™‚

michi March 23, 2012 - 6:21 am

i’m an offline kid too. =)

Migisi March 23, 2012 - 12:59 pm

I love to play games. Its good time pass. Thanks for sharing this games.

Anne @GreenEggs&Moms March 23, 2012 - 1:50 pm

Miss those days when I was a kid. I spent less time off the TV and more time surrounded by nature!

Istin (@istin21) March 23, 2012 - 1:59 pm

OFFLINE KID HERE! πŸ™‚ miss ko na ang patintero, chinese garter, kahit ang tex! :)) hope my kids will still be exposed to those pinoy games.

Donna Jane March 25, 2012 - 5:18 pm

Sa P.E subjects po meron pa kaya na ganun na activities ? baka online activities narin hehhe

LOURDES March 23, 2012 - 10:58 pm

I’m amazed at how good my nephew is on playing online games. He’s only 6 years old and he already knows how to google games.

Pinay WAHM Blogger March 24, 2012 - 2:47 pm

I’m an offline gamer during my childhood. I actually feel bad that most of the kids in this generation aren’t aware or aren’t excited to try luksong baka, agawan base, patintero or tumbang preso. Most of my nephews have psp’s and are more knowledgeable with google games than me.

Mommy Jes March 25, 2012 - 2:46 am

ahahahha sinabi mo pa!!! lahat ng nasabi mong laro nalaro ko na idagdag mo p ang wrstling ahahhaha I love wrestling nung bata ako and bahay bahayan and teacher-teacher-an LOL anyway youre right lahat ng bata nun at exercise n exercise! sa panahon ngyun mga parents dinadala p sa mga plaruan sa mga mall ang kids like GYMBOREE para lang mabanat banat ang buto kasi nde nmn n sila makapag laro sa labas kasi wala n kalaro at busy n ang iba sa computer :))

EINz March 25, 2012 - 6:58 am

Online games becomes our option to keep my son sitting still. hehe
He’s hyper active, super energetic kasi

Donna Jane March 25, 2012 - 5:16 pm

Same here with my little niece and cousins. Pure online GAMES especially on Facebook πŸ™‚

Donna Jane March 25, 2012 - 10:16 am

I think I belong to the offline kid na before πŸ™‚ hehe … I love chinese garter “one by one” remember? πŸ™‚

jenilia March 31, 2012 - 3:06 pm

Hi

nice post here, now i play online games like poker, pingo like these. My Kids play offline race games with mouse and keyboards. in my childhood i played Video games with TV. what a great changes in this 20years. thanks for your article. have a nice day

car insurance quotes April 15, 2012 - 1:23 am

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A design like yours with a few simple adjustements
would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
Bless you

healthy breakfast recipes April 28, 2012 - 3:01 pm

It’s very Cute design.Looks to me like they designed it “in-house”. Your best bet is to contact their corporate office and see if they will tell you.