Home Education Panunumpa Sa Watawat Ng Pilipinas

Panunumpa Sa Watawat Ng Pilipinas

1,092 total views,  4 views today

In the Philippines, pupils are required to memorize the “Panunumpa Sa Watawat Ng Pilipinas” or the Pledge of Allegiance to the Philippine Flag to show patriotism to our country. Panunumpa Sa Watawat Ng Pilipinas was written in Filipino and is therefore expected to be recited as such but an English version was also provided.

Philippine FlagPanunumpa Sa Watawat Ng Pilipinas (Official Version)

Ako ay Pilipino
Buong katapatang nanunumpa
Sa watawat ng Pilipinas
At sa bansang kanyang sinasagisag
Na may dangal, katarungan at kalayaan
Na ipinakikilos ng sambayanang
Maka-Diyos,Makatao,
Makakalikasan, at Makabansa.

Pledge of Allegiance to the Philippine Flag (Official English Translation)

I am a Filipino
I pledge my allegiance
To the flag of the Philippines
And to the country it represents
With honor, justice and freedom
Put in motion by one Nation
For God
for the People,
for Nature and
for the Country.

grace March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

I missed my elementary years with your post mommy…

Bless March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

When I was working in the government back in Pinas, we used to recite this every Monday morning during our flag raising ceremony 🙂 Thanks for sharing 🙂 hapit na ko di ka memorize 🙂

emzkie March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

i used to recite this everyday every morning during my school days, even in college! lol. ive heard that they are planning to eliminate the pledge of allegiance here in US due to religious beliefs. kay naa man God. Aethiest and other unbeliever had been complaining about it and doesnt want the public schools to recite. I believe some of the schools here in US specially in the City doesnt recite the Pledge of Allegiance anymore. so sad..

jheylo March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

i never really memorized it because of what we believe in religiously. We have freedom of religion and we don't patronize the country, although we are law abiding citizens and paid any necessary bills to pay for Uncle Sam.

sheladegzfin March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

Ahhhh i miss Philippines so bad right now! I miss my hometown, friends, and FOOD 🙁

Jessica Cassidy March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

I miss saying that pledge Momi Ruby 🙂 my kids are saying their plegde too before school will starts 🙂

Mel Cole March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

I remember those days I was able to recite this during Flag ceremony. Thanks for sharing.

sir rob March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

Thank you for this reminder but at the back of my mind, it was telling me that memorizing is not enough or that should be seen as being patriotic.

haze March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

Yes. And I hope they're keeping in that way. I used to stand in front of my class reciting it. Nerve-racking but proudly did it.

zoan March 23, 2014 - 6:47 pm

Hello, thanks for sharing this:) Nakalimutan ko na kasi eh. Pero d ko alam na may English Version na pala.