Home Society Parents in Nursing Homes

Parents in Nursing Homes

1,063 total views,  2 views today

Here in the Philippines, most elderly parents live with their children. That is because they can better take care of their folks at home. At the same time, those who are able still help in the taking care of the grandchildren, making sure that the babysitters are not abusing the children.

But in the United States, most senior citizens stay in professional nursing care homes, such as the Denver Nursing Home. That is because most Americans are also busy with their jobs and they could no longer properly care for their parents, even if they want to. Most households have both the couple working so when they get home, they no longer have time to take care of their parents, especially those that need medical care. When their parents are in nursing homes, at least they are given the proper care and attention that they need, especially in the administering of medicines. For a fee, the elderly is well taken care of. The children and grandchildren just come to visit as much as they can.

Those who really care for their parents try to visit the nursing home at least once a week during weekends so that their parents do not get lonely.

Corbitoness July 16, 2011 - 8:45 pm

Christina July 17, 2011 - 2:37 am

My mother was in a nursing home for a few years and now I have my aunt there (I’m her only relative, she never had children). It’s such a heart-breaking decision to make to place a loved one in a nursing home. I wish it was easier to take care of family at home here in the U.S.
Christina

Visit me at Spilled Milkshake

Visiting from voiceBoks!

♥ xoxo

Mel Cole July 20, 2011 - 1:05 pm

I have seen many people from our close family friends and relatives of my husband in nursing homes here in America that they are not that happy to in there.also,it’s hard if you don’t have a job jere in America.I for one but I chose it because i want the best for
My kids and it’s expensive to hire baby sitter.America is also not like Phil that relatives are available to help always but only to certain limited time.

Pinx July 24, 2011 - 6:14 am

my mom is with us and we have been taking care of her since she got disabled (about 20 years ago), it’s hard but she’s our mother, besides there are no facilities here that can really take good care of her in case we decide to take her into a nursing home.

Shydub July 26, 2011 - 7:52 am

Sa US kasi, parents just rather pay someone to take care for them than become a burden to their kids

zoan July 28, 2011 - 8:21 am

wala tayong ganyan dito sa Pinas:D pero sana meron, para dun sa mga wala ng kapamilya,

Be Happy Tips September 19, 2011 - 10:02 am

it is one of the reasons why many ofws in USA wants to retire in the Philippines.