Home Musings Print Media Still Rocks

Print Media Still Rocks

517 total views,  4 views today

Usually morning scenario would most of the time consist of drinking a cup of coffee while reading the recently delivered newspaper while waiting for the breakfast to be served. Eventually, the morning routine was then replaced by early turning on of the television for the early news show. These things are being done to somehow connect with what’s happening in the world and could perhaps have something to say with some possible discussions at the workplace.

However, gone are these days because as of this writing, people get to update themselves with what’s happening in the world through social media through the utilization of today’s latest gadgets like smartphones, tablet pc’s and similar electronic devices that is being powered by the internet.

Nevertheless, the industry of print media can never be forgotten even with the presence of these high-tech things. There are still people who would want to read from something that are tangible like newspapers, magazines and booklets. In fact, there still millions of people who are willing to pay for magazine subscriptions for collection purposes.

Information has never been cheap. Everyone needs it to survive. If someone out there was able to put it into words and have it published then it should not be just be made available to the public for common use. It should be placed under a copyright agreement.

The print media will never be out of topic and will never leave the industry. Information in the internet can always be deleted but what is being placed in prints will be there until such time it will be worn out. The existence of print media will remain as long as there are writers, artists and readers who are willing to bring it to life. It will continue to become part of our system until the days will end.

zoan August 22, 2012 - 8:26 am

I still prefer to read the Sunday’s newspaper, I read the paper not every morning with my coffee because I can’t afford to buy one everyday, it will cost me around 25php per day kasi and it would be 750 per month which is almost half sack of rice. So I just told the newspaper boy to deliver every Sunday:D mas tipid and I can still read the newspaper with my coffee:D tapos watch the news on the Television for the rest of the week na:D

Mela August 22, 2012 - 9:07 am

i find your post about print media comforting. especially now that the social media is becoming more popular

Donna Jane Marcuap August 30, 2012 - 11:20 pm

Social media is good but print media is better 🙂

prescription glasses and cheap glasses from Vision Eyewear August 23, 2012 - 4:25 pm

Yes I agree with this blog. Print media still rock today. Print media like newspapers are still important in our lives. For me , I prefer reading daily newspaper, magazines etc. I can keep them forever.

Donna Jane Marcuap August 30, 2012 - 11:28 pm

Clippings yes are nice way on keeping important info 🙂

Stef August 28, 2012 - 12:18 am

I agree that print media still has its value even with the current online trends like social media. I still subscribe to magazines because I want to be away from my computer whenever I can. So print media would be my best entertainment when I want to relax.

Donna Jane Marcuap August 30, 2012 - 9:11 pm

Magazines , newspapers and other periodicals are good samples:) Yeah Print media though I am a computer addict I love print media too.

Sherry August 29, 2012 - 10:53 am

I read online and also buy newspaper to read. Sometimes newspaper not all cover so read online,

Donna Jane Marcuap August 30, 2012 - 9:09 pm

VERY TRUE 🙂 Something printed like books were long lasting than those in softwares

Marvic August 30, 2012 - 9:25 pm

yeah.. your right..print media is important in our daily lives.. We should be aware on what’s happening in our world..

Donna Jane Marcuap August 30, 2012 - 11:19 pm

Not only to the happening but keeping Facts in tact 🙂

LOURDES September 14, 2012 - 12:09 am

We still have a daily subscription of our favorite newspaper and I still try to read the newspaper daily if I can.