Home Causes Some Ways in Which You Can Help Make the World a Better Place

Some Ways in Which You Can Help Make the World a Better Place

They say that charity starts at home, but where exactly does your home end? Is your street not your home, or your neighborhood or even your city? And in that respect, isn’t your country your home, and from there even the world? Most of us have a philanthropic nature, although we may express that in different ways. What matters, however, is the ripple effect: whatever good you do, no matter how small, has the potential to grow into something bigger. So what are some of the things that you can do to make the world a better place? Let’s take a look at some ideas, none of which need to cost you the earth either.

Volunteer

The first thing you can do is volunteer for a charity that you believe is doing real good for the people who matter. Only you can decide which charity deserves your attention in that way, but considering the ripple effect, you will be safe in the knowledge that you will help the world at large. Also, volunteering can take on many different roles, from helping to sell second hand clothes in a store to reading to an elderly neighbor, or from collecting food parcels to building wells across the world.

Donate Money

If you are stuck for time, which many of us are considering our busy lifestyles, you can always simply donate money. You don’t have to be rich to donate either, since every little you have can help. If a charity doesn’t accept your donation because it is too small, you should go to a different charity altogether. Again, only you can decide who to donate to, but there are plenty of choices out there.

Set up a Community Project

If you have the time, you can take matters in your own hands and set up a community project yourself. You do not even have to be a registered charity to do some great work. You could set up a community gardening project, or art project for instance. Best of all, there are lots of grants out there that can help you turn your vision into a reality.

Adopt a Family

One other option you have is to work with an adopt a family Detroit charity. These charities help entire families who are at risk of falling below the poverty line, losing their home or other issues. Each family needs a different type of help and you will be allocated a family that requires the help that you can actually give. Alternatively, you can simply make contributions to an adopt a family charity, for instance by donating money, food, clothes, books or toys.

adopt a family

As you can see, there are lots of things that you can do to make the world a better place. And always remember that what you do is inspirational. This means that other people may look at what you do and decide to do something similar. That is also the ripple effect at work.

160 total views,  4 views today

Reginia Cordell March 20, 2015 - 3:50 pm

Social awareness project should be part of everyone’s routine. I like that some school districts in the US require that students complete a service learning project. I think it’s our responsibility to take care of our communities.

Robin (Masshole Mommy) March 20, 2015 - 8:14 pm

I volunteer with my kids a few times a year. I think it is important to do it and a great lesson for the kiddos.

Ashley March 20, 2015 - 8:15 pm

What a great post! It’s so important that we all do what we can to make our own corners of the world a better place. You never know what little acts of kindness can do for others 🙂

Amanda March 20, 2015 - 9:02 pm

What a wonderful post. We adopt a family during the holiday season and I swear shopping for them is more exciting than shopping for our own families.

Terri Ramsey Beavers March 20, 2015 - 9:23 pm

Thanks so much for the reminder, I haven’t volunteered lately and I feel bad about that. We always adopt a family at Christmas though and I love being able to bring a smile to the sweet faces of the kids in each family.

Michelle F. March 20, 2015 - 11:06 pm

Those are some great ways to make the world a better place. I love the idea of adopting a family.

Liz Mays March 21, 2015 - 3:16 am

I hadn’t heard of the “Adopt a Family” charities before. That’s a really cool idea and a good way to directly affect someone’s life!

Chubskulit Rose March 21, 2015 - 10:50 am

I do volunteer at my kids school every Wednesday and any other special occasion!

Tammilee Tips March 21, 2015 - 1:26 pm

I love to pay it forward when ever I can. I don’t always have time to volunteer on a regular basis cause of our schedule.

Myrabev March 21, 2015 - 1:36 pm

This is a great post, I recently signed up to donate to children in need and vulnerable adults every month.

debra p March 21, 2015 - 1:51 pm

This is such a wonderful post. It is really true that the more you give the better you yourself often feel! It’s a blessing.

Shaney Vijendranath March 21, 2015 - 2:44 pm

This is such a great reminder of how we can make a difference. I donate clothes and money on a regular basis whenever I see someone in need. Their blessings mean the world to me.

Courtney March 21, 2015 - 9:00 pm

Im all about volunteering and helping others!! It’s so important to give back. This is something I’m trying to teach my daughter now 🙂

Lauren March 22, 2015 - 11:41 am

This is a great post!! I love the idea of helping out no matter where you are! I love to serve!

Rosey March 22, 2015 - 7:02 pm

We used to adopt a family each year for Thanksgiving and then again Christmas where I worked in Florida. I thought that was a wonderful initiative.

Analyn March 22, 2015 - 7:43 pm

I truly agree with everything. Doing good is a domino effect to other people you inspire to do the same thing. I usually volunteer for community projects and donate whatever amount I can.

Penny Struebig March 23, 2015 - 12:23 pm

Great reminders of things we can do to help out people in need. Helping others leaves us with a great feeling.

Sarah Marturano March 24, 2015 - 12:00 pm

I love this article. So often we neglect to do what we can to make a difference. It only takes a little time and effort. Thanks for sharing!

Alysia from My Domestic Dish March 24, 2015 - 3:53 pm

You know,sometimes posts like these are necessary. Although these are all common sense pointi sand things that people would easily reach if they thought about it…. no one thinks about it. It’s sad, sometimes, how selfish people cna be or how self absorbed so many are 🙁
I volunteer and devote additional time to helping alleviate poverty in my region, donating my time/used items as well as spreading the wealth (so to speak) from one Mama to the next. Apart from that though, I don’t have much time to do anything else and I wish I did.