Home Health The Importance of Vitamins C | Best Vitamin C Supplement for Children | Vitamin C is Essential to Growing Children

2,657 total views,  16 views today

While we were in our elementary years, we are taught that Vitamin C is essential to the human body especially in growing children. We learned that according to several studies, Vitamin C is proven to do the following:

– Helps in wound healing
– Helps in the development of bones and teeth
– Helps make hormones in the body that regulate nerve functions
– Helps the body resist infections
– Helps in the absorption of non-heme iron which is commonly found in eggs and in non-meat sources such as beans, vegetables and dried fruits
– Acts as an antioxidant to guard body cells and tissue from damage caused by free radicals.

And because of these known facts, Vitamin C is indeed very important! Not only in children, even in adults too!

Vitamin C can be found in many sources such as fruits and vegetables. As a matter of fact, most of us make an effort to have it on our daily diet. Most common sources are citrus fruits and melons. Aside from these fruits, most vegetables such as peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, berries, cauliflower and squash are the number one sources of Vitamin C.

And because of these abundant sources, most of us think that our children don’t need to take any Vitamin C supplement. For me, that is so wrong. Because you see, though we can get it from many sources, we can’t be sure if our children are getting the required daily allowance especially that it is a known fact that Vitamin C can be easily lost as we process and cook food. Thus for me, a Vitamin C supplement is still needed but nonetheless, before giving any supplements or multivitamins to your kids, you should always talk to their pediatrician.

For my children, I give them Ceelin (Ascorbic Acid) as their Vitamin C supplement. I want to make sure that they are taking sufficient daily amount of their needed Vitamin C. Ceelin, which comes in drops for babies and syrup or chewables for big kids, has been my partner since I became mom. As for me, Ceelin is the best Vitamin C supplement for my children.  My two year old Bella loves the chewables while my son loves Ceelin Plus (Ascorbic Acid + Zinc) in Apple Flavor and my eldest loves the original orange flavor! By the way, if you like Ceelin, be a FAN like me on Facebook! Get updated with their latest promos! Click HERE.

So, how about you mommies and daddies, do you give Vitamin C supplements to your children? As an adult, do you still take Vitamins C too?? Share your thoughts!

Mitchteryosa October 23, 2011 - 3:31 pm

Both my girls take Ceelin too!

Lisa @Earn Online with MOm October 23, 2011 - 3:39 pm

The doctor recommends Ceelin drops for my baby when he was only 3 months. Now, that he’s 7mos., still I gave him Ceelin. He likes the orange taste and I had no difficulties in giving him Ceelin.

Pinx October 23, 2011 - 5:18 pm

I give Ceelin to my 4-yr old boy, he loves it, for the baby, we still have not given him any supplements. but soon, when he starts to eat solid food. Vitamin C is indeed very important. when i feel that i’m getting colds, i immediately take vit C to combat it. liked their FB page.

Chris October 23, 2011 - 9:16 pm

we have been using ceelin since they were toddlers. 🙂

as adults, we also take vitamin c supplements.

Mama Vernz Theory October 24, 2011 - 7:23 am

We’re ceelin fans too… but I prefer the chewables since it’s very and convenient not messy too 🙂

joy October 24, 2011 - 10:01 am

we are on Conzace 🙂

Panama foundation October 24, 2011 - 9:37 pm

.Ceelin syrup Vitamin C supplement.Ascorbic acid is the active ingredient found in Ceelin syrup. Vitamin C is required for a strong natural defense system of the body and the lack of vitamin c results in your baby falling ill frequently.

Shydub October 25, 2011 - 11:38 am

Very nice review, am actually want to try vitamins for my kids kasi they don’t eat that much, and they never had vitamins every since

Weighty Matters October 25, 2011 - 3:11 pm

we have been loading with vitamin c lately because we are all sick. but we use sodium ascorbate.

Jasmin October 28, 2011 - 11:58 am

My nephews and nieces have this vitamin C. It has been prescribe by their pedia.

Be Happy Tips October 28, 2011 - 4:40 pm

my daughter takes multivitamin and vitamin C daily. it keeps flu and colds at bay!

OSeñorita October 29, 2011 - 5:42 am

My children takes Pedcee+Zinc. And yes, my husband and I takes Vitamin C too. For my husband and I we take the generics (Ascorbic Acid 500mg tab.) from RiteMed.

OSeñorita October 29, 2011 - 5:43 am

My children takes Pedcee+Zinc. And yes, my husband and I takes Vitamin C too. For my husband and I we take the generics (Ascorbic Acid 500mg tab.) by RiteMed.

Weighty Matters October 31, 2011 - 9:53 am

btw marz, try sodium ascorbate. esp kung sick ang family kay maka high dose

Samantha November 16, 2011 - 2:14 am

This is the only supplement my family and I take. http://www.livonlabs.com/. I can’t even describe how much better it makes me feel, daily, and kicks colds right away. I have never taken ceelin, so do not know the comparison.

Donna Jane Marcuap January 30, 2012 - 9:36 pm

I am really looking for this on your posts, about health. Vitamin C pala really give benefits in terms of children’s growth.

LOURDES March 28, 2012 - 12:26 am

Vitamin C is indeed important for growing children. I always make sure that my nephew takes his vitamins everyday.