Home Health Why Very Low Calorie Diet is the Best Option

Why Very Low Calorie Diet is the Best Option

1,664 total views,  2 views today

With all the many diet programs that abound today, it’s quite confusing on the part of the person who wants to lose weight which one to choose. There are so-called diet pills, diet drinks, as well as a plethora of exercise regimens that it’s so hard to tell which should IT. If you were to ask me though, I would have to say nothing beats a natural weight loss program. That means not having to rely on pills or over-the-counter supplements just to lose weight.

I think proper diet coupled with a good workout or exercise program would do the trick. In fact, there is what medical experts call very low calorie diet or VLCD. This is a medically supervised diet plan that leads to rapid weight loss. Normally, this diet is intended for extremely overweight people who borders on being obese although it can also be applied by moderately overweight persons who want to significantly lose weight in a short period of time.

The wonderful thing about VLCD is that it doesn’t involve taking in chemicals normally contained in diet pills which could prove to be harmful to the body in the long run. Instead, what it includes are the following: therapy, nutrition counseling and exercise. Indeed, VLCD is the better choice when it comes to weight loss programs.

rovie August 20, 2011 - 1:02 am

very informative post mommy especially now that I need to trim down some weight caused by pregnancy.

please support my new blogs by following:

thanks much!

Jasmin August 20, 2011 - 10:26 pm

That’s true.. Basta proper diet lang with regular exercise for sure gaganda body natin..

zoan August 21, 2011 - 7:41 am

di ko kailangan mag diet gusto ko tumaba:(

yogi143 August 21, 2011 - 9:21 am

hello?

I send a e-mail to you about blog self hosting – I hope you can reply as soon as possible ^_^ . . .

from –

Businessgirl August 21, 2011 - 4:29 pm

With Low Calorie Diet, making sport and drinking much water is very important to make us fit and healthy.

Online Moms August 22, 2011 - 2:49 pm

I agree about soup too. It can be really low calorie and really filling. Sometimes I just need something hot too, and it really helps.

mela August 22, 2011 - 3:05 pm

thanks for the reminder about proper diet and good exercise ms ruby and to always opt for natural means.

Lisa K August 22, 2011 - 9:43 pm

Hi – thanks for the article! Love your blog. I hope you will stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

Gina August 22, 2011 - 10:21 pm

I agree, although not with the VERY low calorie part. I think the best weight loss program is moderation in eating (1200-1500 calories), lots of water, and plenty of exercise. In the end, it’s all about burning more than you’re taking in. So might as well do it healthfully, right?

Gina from vB

janie August 23, 2011 - 12:15 am

My husband calls this the starvation diet…it worked for him. 🙂
Dropping by via voiceboks.

Kristen August 23, 2011 - 1:29 am

I agree. Calorie control is definitely the best way to lose weight…whether it’s a little or a lot.

Prescription Glasses August 25, 2011 - 7:26 pm

What is the best option to reach pondicherry from velankanni? It is morning journey is there any private bus available or only the govt buses to be depend? how long it will take to reach there and best route.

Ane August 25, 2011 - 7:44 pm

I am the laziest person on earth and the only time I have ever exercised is when I absolutely have to.. 😛 It’s been a long time since I had to, it’s a good thing I don’t gain weight easily.. 😛

But, I agree, a good diet coupled with exercise is the best way to go about it.. 🙂

Donna Jane Marcuap January 26, 2012 - 7:14 pm

I never used artificial dieting techniques, just the natural way, exercise in the morning 🙂

LOURDES April 24, 2012 - 6:02 pm

Fortunately I don’t have any weight problems so I don’t have to watch my calorie intake and just eat what I desire.