2,502 total views, 4 views today
When I started blogging, I was not earning that much from paid posting. I was only getting a few dollars here and there. Then I met someone from a forum who was looking for ghost writers, I inquired and I applied. Luckily, I got accepted and started raking in some dough. My rate was $2 per 500 words (3 years ago). I got a lot of assignments and most of them are due immediately!
Then the time came that I was starting to make money from my blogs. So, I left my client and he bid me farewell and the best of luck. But when Bella was born, my family’s need increased especially she had a hernia problem that needed surgery. So, I needed to look for ways to compensate what we need because of the new addition to the family. And that is when I started ghost writing again for other bloggers who are busy to write for their blogs or having a mental block.
Based on my experiences as a ghost writer, I learned that there are some guidelines I should follow so that I would become the most preferred among the rest. I learned that there are some things that you should be aware of if you work as a ghost writer.
So, if you want to be the best ghost writer for others or plan to be one soon. Let me share with you some tips and things that you should be know:
1. Since you are a ghost writer; therefore you are considered as a ghost – the unseen writer. This means you don’t go on telling the world that you wrote the article that was published on a certain blog. Since you accepted the job as a ghost writer, you acknowledge that you will be not recognized for the work done.
2. As a ghost writer, you don’t expose your clients’ identity. You keep their anonymity.
3. When communicating with clients, always do it privately. Don’t follow-up for tasks or assignments by posting at their Facebook accounts or tweeting at them. Send an email.
4. Each client has different writing styles, make sure you read their blogs or websites to see if you could write the way he or she writes. The most effective ghost writers are those who knew the clients well through reading their blogs.
5. Before accepting tasks, make sure you understand what was asked. Don’t always assume that the assignments given are the same as before. If you don’t understand, ask questions.
6. Aside from that, make sure you are willing to do it with the established terms and rates. If you think the rates are too small for you, negotiate, if the client could not live up to your terms, then just tell them upfront that you are not willing or you are willing. If you are willing to accept, then work your best. Don’t accept it if you are half-hearted or unwilling because this will affect your performance. We don’t want to lose a client because of a poor performance.
7. And if you are not willing to ghost write anymore, just tell your clients. Don’t accept tasks and left them hanging. Be honest and be upfront always. This will make your communications open to all your clients for future transaction if you want to ghost write again. Simple ethics just like in any business transactions. 😀
Now, the question is: “Who can ghost write?” Simple, everyone can ghost write as long as you can accept the fact that you will never be recognized with your work. You will be forever considered as the unsung heroes of many blogs and websites.
And of course, the main requirement is good English grammar and a creative mind and if you are a fast writer, then it’s a plus plus for you because most clients prefer fast writers. The more articles you finish, the more money you make!
So, are you ready to work as a ghost writer? Can you live with the fact that you will never be recognized? Well, if you say yes, then mucho dineros will surely come your way!!
By the way, don’t ask me how much my rate is right now. It’s confidential. LOL! 😀
Nag ganyan din ako mommy before with the P120 for 500 words rate for web content… advise ko lang, if you are willing to ghostwrite and you’re into academic subjects, then ghostwrite na lang for students abroad… mas strict, mas mahirap, pero mas malaki ang pay compared to ghostwriting for blogs. the rate is at the very least $3 for 225 words kaso mahirap nga lang.. ayun.
this is a good one marz… well, writing isn’t easy because we need to make our brains work fast and if we can write, we better start nalang our own blogs no? LOL
great post on ghost writing. good tips to remember for ghost writers. :-))
where do we apply for ghost writers mommy rubz?
@Pinx: One of the things I did before was place a badge on my blog. Then most of time, they contact me via email. I suggest you make a post, then link it up to a banner on your blog so when they click it, it will be directed to the post that you entertain ghost writing jobs. 😀
i see… thanks for this post! one of these days maybe, i will try this…
great tips.. could surely use it if I get accepted by my confidential client.. 😀
@Pinx: Here is a link to my badge image: http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l550/mommyrubz/badges/125-GHOSTWRITER-copy.png You might want to use it in the near future. :yes:
thanks for the info mommy rubz, will keep it mind, hopefully i’ll earn through ghost writing as well :laugh:
i love this idea, might try this soon. can i used your badge too?? thanks! 🙂 🙂
I am really so inspired with your stories mommy rubz…It’s very helpful especially for moms like me who decided to give up my regular work for the love of my family but still wants to contribute something ( more of financially) for my family’s increasing needs…and wants 😀 …hope i can find someone who can hire me as their ghost writer 😉
nice info mommy. Thanks for sharing :-))
I would accept the offer of GW if the price is not below $20 whahahaha mahal ng presyo ano joke lng marz. I don’t consider my friend as ghost writer kung pwedi ko nga ilagay ang name nag nag sulat gagawin ko. Iba sa mga kaberks kasi parang tulungan ang dating
good info .. where can we apply so we can try our luck naman? 🙂
A generous helpful sharing :). Good Luck to all the Ghost Writers.
Another inspirational article from Mommy Rubz.. idol talaga kita.. i started blogging after I read this blog.. 🙂
This is really helpful. It’ll help stay-at-home moms like me to earn also while minding the kids and the house. would be great to know also exactly where to apply as ghostwriters.
Thanks mars for this helpful tip, pero for now siguro, hindi ko pa kakailanganin.
great tips mommy rubz! 🙂 this is something i’ve never tried but i would love to experience it.
Great post! Visiting you back from TBE
with blogging plus ghost writing.. tapos work pa sa office.. baka mag malfunction na brain ko.. hahaha blogging muna aketch!
Thanks for the tips Mommy Rubz! This definitely answered some of my questions. It made me want to consider the offers given to me by my friend.
I’ll keep these tips in mind since I’ve already accepted some ghost writing jobs.
when I start ghost writing dn yan mga ginawa ko…hinihingi ko tlga mga blogs n paglalagyan ng post so I would know panu ko isusulat ehehhe nice post mommy! I will share it to my GWers 🙂
Have a nice day!
Good info, now know more of ghost writer.
this is so inspiring and helpful, mommy rubz. one of these days, i’ll try my luck on GW. thanks mel cole for sharing on FB.
great post rubz!
earlier this year, when i found out that i was pregnant and i’m having extreme morning, afternoon and evening sickness, i was hoping to find a ghost writer for my 7 blogs (so they won’t look like a ghost town). there was a person who accepted the job but unfortunately, he left me hanging and never sent an article, even till now. i guess there really comes a time when we need others to ghost write for us (or for us to ghost write for others, which I also did before).
I miss those days when I had regular income because of ghost writing! But well, now I am on to other pursuits. But maybe extra income would not hurt from time to time.